Sunday, January 8, 2012

"24601"

I am back to the blogging world! Just needed a little break, I thought about not backtracking clear to October but I have the worst memory ever and I don't want to forget about the last three months of 2011! So I will start where I left off... October. (With a lot of help from Instagram)

It was a great month for us full of pumpkin deserts, gypsy costumes, pumpkin carving, carmel apple making, 0 scary movies and a road trip to San Antonio....


I love weekend getaways!


Next was a trip {home} to Idaho at the start of November, where I managed to capture a whole 2 pictures, go me! I planned the trip to arrive a few days after my sisters due date and to be there for all the baby excitement. But little baby Charlotte was a little too comfortable in there and came on her own time, which happened to be two weeks late. She arrived the day before Thanksgiving happy and heathy! Sadly I was already back home in Texas.

Even though I did not get to meet this little bundle of joy as planned, it still was a wonderful much needed trip home with lots of family time! Charlotte is already growing up to fast, luckily Kaylee is the best and sends me LOTS of pics :)


Thanksgiving we got to skype the fam...
 and fry a turkey! I was a bit skeptical but it turned out to be super yummy-o! We had a delicious dinner with friends!

Of coarse right after Thanksgiving comes one of my favorite things to do, decorate for Christmas! Which I got to do twice this year. Once at the store...

 and then at home!

December was full of work parties, treat making, sugar plum fairies, light watching, dinner parities, holiday music.... mostly just spreading Christmas cheer!!! (I tend to become even more cheesier, if that's even possible, around the holidays! I can't help myself)
It was just Ryan and I this Christmas and just like last year we caved and opened all our prezzies Christmas Eve... I don't regret it, it was too much fun! We were absolutely spoiled rotten.

We rang in the New Year at our friends new house and I finally got to see the much talked about "secret room" it is just what it sounds like, hidden behind a bookcase and all. Ryan is convinced we need one...someday, we need a house to put it in first :) We partied into the wee hours of the morning and then it took us a whole week to recover, well worth it. For my New Years Resolutions this year I am making a "lifetime" list, a bucket list of sorts. I have made lists here and there but this one is going to be official and it WILL have 100 things on it, so it may take me the whole year to prefect it. Feel free to join me, it is going to be AWESOME!

As far as the new year goes we have just been playing with Christmas presents, recovering from strep throat (me..boo) and had a another little day trip to San Antonio. I have been looking forward to this for months, we went to see Les Miserables!

I love it, and I have been walking around singing "24601" all week long. It was not as magical as the first time I saw it in London two years ago it was still amazing, and this time I got to share it with ^ that cute face this time! 

Happy 2012 friends!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You guys look great and so HAPPY!! i Love your TREE! It's perfect but I expect nothing less from you and your great taste!

Courtney Morris said...

glad you're back in the blog-o-sphere :)

Allyx and Dan said...

Charlotte is seriously so beautiful! What a doll! Looks like it has been a really fun past couple of months. Miss you guys times a billion!